Thursday, March 22, 2012

Truvía® Natural Sweetener Product Review


I'm starting my first Influester Love VoxBox review with Truvia.

Ohhh Truvia....smh.

First, a bit about it. According to their description, "Truvía® natural sweetener is the first natural, great-tasting, zero-calorie sweetener born from the leaves of the stevia plant."

I'll give you natural and good for you, but let me tell you, great-tasting it is not. I really wanted to like this product. I had heard a lot about it and had contemplated buying it a number of times. After trying it, I wasn't diggin' it too much.

I put one packet in a cup of coffee and after taking a sip, I immediately tasted that something was off. Definitely wasn't enough of a sweetener for me. I decided to put in another packet, and while the sweetness of it improved, the taste of it was actually a little worse. I had pour it out. Later, I gave it another shot and tried it in tea - still a no go for me. I ended up taking my finger to taste just the sweetener alone and yeah...not good at all. I'm not really sure how to describe it. It's kind of...chemical. The aftertaste is just not good!!

It's zero calories, so that's always nice, but for me, that's not worth losing the delicious flavors of my teas and coffees. I'll be sticking to sugar. Everyone's taste buds are different though so it's always worth trying at least once, especially if you're into the whole zero calorie thing. I won't be purchasing this, though.

For more information about Truvía®, visit www.truvia.com

*** This product was sent to me complimentary to test out via the Influenster VoxBox program. All opinions are my own. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment